Sunday, August 21, 2011

Day 21: Best Vacation








Day 21: What is your best vacation ever?



Trina: My best vacation was when Tanner and I went to Ixtapa in July 2008. It was the last "vacation" I went on. It was the best for several reasons... 1) I didn't argue or fight with anyone such as siblings, parents, or boyfriends. 2) It was at a beach. 3) We went on a great excursion consisting of biking, kayaking and snorkeling. 4) I thought the entire time that Tanner was going to propose.



Tanner: When I was a kid I couldn't wait until the morning we left for vacation. I couldn't sleep for the days leading up to it. Vacation was way better than Christmas. I couldn't wait for Dad to come into my room at 3:00 in the morning and tell us that it's time to get in the car. I should have slept, but I was so excited I stared out the window until the sun came up. It was like this no matter where we went. Usually it involved a baseball game, amusement park, Red Lobster and an indoor swimming pool. The best parts were the car trips. We would get some sort of surprise about every hour. It might be from the five pound bag of candy or something wrapped in paper. It might have been stupid, but I couldn't wait until mom turned around and handed it to us.



The best moment in vacation history was when we were on our way home from a great vacation and mom told us we were having a junk food supper. After a while, the entire back seat of the car started shouting "Junk Food Supper, Junk Food Supper, Junk..." At some point I accidentally said Junk Food F#cker. I thought I was dead meat. I thought Mom was going to pull the car over and find the bar of soap in her toiletry bag. But when everyone started laughing, I started to breath again. Somehow the cheer changed from Junk Food Supper to Junk Food F#cker. And it was loud. Everyone was cheering. It was the best day of my young life.



Grayson: Besides my summer vacation home with dad this year, my best vacation was to the Blank Park Zoo.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Trina I'm wondering what it says that not arguing with someone is a vacation for you???? Tanner, I can soooo see your face when you changed the chant!!! LOL!