Thursday, August 18, 2011

Day 18: Holiday Prep

Day 18: How do you prepare for the holidays?
Grayson and Trina, January 2010 (Grayson had just learned to point)


Trina: I would consider "the holidays" to be Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years. I prepare by decorating and putting up a few trees immediately following Thanksgiving. I keep those decorations up until the end of December, then leave snowman things up through January (February if Tanner lets me). I listen to Christmas music starting November 1 as much as I can. It makes me feel the love in the air! I light "holiday" scented candles to remind me of cookies and pine needles. Following the holidays, I continue to buy Christmas CDs and decorations on clearance and at garage sales.


Tanner: I assume this topic means Thanksgiving and Christmas. I really don't do much. I mostly pull the boxes out of the basement and move them wherever Trina wants me to move them. I am a little bah-humbug around the holidays. I don't get into buying a bunch of decorations that sit around for a month then go back in a box for a year. However, I have been trying to be more open minded. At least this year I didn't prepare for the holidays by drinking two bottles of wine at the PTA Christmas party like I did in 2008.

Grayson: I prepare by wearing Christmas theme pj's to bed as soon as it cold outside.

No comments: