Saturday, August 20, 2011

Day 20: Childhood memory

Day 20: What is a memory you have of your childhood?

Trina: My memories are of my friendships with my sisters. Tasha and I had so much fun sharing a bedroom most of our years growing up, even though at the time we wanted different rooms. We were silly together and talked serious together as we got a bit older in high school. We used to "draw" lines in our bedroom to determine sides of the room, then be silly about getting on each other's side. When I was in Junior High and Trilby was college, we got to spend time with her away from home. She would let us pick what we wanted for dinner and buy whatever food we wanted. I enjoyed having a safe place away from home/my parents where I could have fun.
Picture of me in either Kindergarten or 1st grade.
Trina :

Tanner: I remember going to the baseball diamond everyday to play "flag pole" with other kids that roamed the streets of Denison. That's where I hit my first home run. I felt like a million bucks! Shortly after, I learned how to hit left handed and did the same thing. Only this ball landed in the cemetery. I loved baseball as a kid way more than I do today. Those were the Ryne Sandburg days.
Picture of Grayson at his 18mo doctor check up last week.

Grayson: I remember getting three younger girl cousins that were about my age. I was so excited to have friends to play with.

No comments: