Friday, August 19, 2011

Day 19: First Pet



Day 19: Describe your first pet.

Trina: Bubba was a "mutt" dog. I'm not sure what breeds were mixed but she was short with black hair. I remember her being around for my entire childhood until I was 17. Bubba was a fun dog. She was a great playmate. There are several pictures of Bubba taking naps with us kids, we would lay her head on a pillow next to ours and cover us up with a blanket. She went along with it. She was both and inside and outside dog. Bubba was always afraid of thunder. She could eat every lick of a plate full of casserole, but leave the peas. She was a great childhood pet!!

Tanner: Lotty was my first pet. She was a cocker spaniel. When my parents went to pick her up we thought she was going to be red. She was more light brown than anything. Lotty was a great dog for us growing up. She traveled well and loved to sit with you in your chair. I think she spent most nights in Belinda's room when we were kids. I tried to trap her in my room once and she hated it. The story I like best about her is that one day Tyler was taking her on a walk and she took a bite out of a police officer. It was funny because she wasn't the type of dog to bite people. Lotty had a lot of seizures during her life. She lived to be 12 years old.


Grayson: Marley the miniature poodle and Max the yorkie. They like to bark. Sometimes I hug Marley. Max is too fast to catch. They are nice dogs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What Trina didn't mention is that her goal in life when she was a kid was to grow up and be a dog like Bubba. She even went as far as eating from a bowl on the floor, like Bubba did. Just thought I would add that too!!! I know that she wouldn't want any info left out! :)

Kim said...

We got Bubba from the animal shelter. The upside was that she was already housebroken. The downside was that even with the name Bubba, and the animal shelter telling us she was a boy, we had a litter of pups! We didn't think to double check until we got her home!