Monday, June 22, 2009

A well deserved treat...

On Wednesday Tanner and I, along with my parents, drove to Cooksville, TN. Though Tanner has never been to TN, this was not a vacation, but instead a good deed for a family member.

Recently my Great Uncle Bob passed away. Ruthie and Bob did not have children beyond their cats and dogs. So when Ruthie decided she was putting her house on the market, my parents asked for anyone who was available to take a trip to help fix up her house. Ruthie & Bob have a gorgeous house in the middle of nowhere. They've lived there for 11 years, so you can imagine the amount of painting and odd & ends that needed to be done. The four of us, along with my aunt Kathy and cousin Clint, worked our tails off from the time we arrived Thursday morning until the minute we left Saturday afternoon.

Tanner was able to show off his painting skills for nearly the entire time. They painted a bedroom, kitchen, laundry room, 2 bathrooms and the entire porch. I'm sure I won't be convincing him to paint again for quite some time! Because I HATE painting, I kept myself busy power washing, laying pavers, decluttering, cleaning, etc.

My family is plagued with falling asleep while driving, so Tanner showed off again by driving more than his share of the nearly 22 total hours, which was VERY appreciated!

When we arrived back home, we were overjoyed to see our pups and to take a much deserved nap. We watched Gran Torino last night as we were resting (and I cried like a baby). We also treated ourselved to Red Lobster tonight, which we realized was the first time since February 2008 that we had been there. After so much hard work helping family out, we thought we deserved the treat...and boy was it yummy!!

3 comments:

Kim said...

Thank you VERY much for going along and all of the hard work and driving! We also napped and watched TV all day on Sunday, but DIDN'T get to go to Red Lobster!! And I was soooo wanting to!

Belinda said...

Awesome! If Tanner can drive a 22 hr trip, then a 17 hr trip to Houston will be a piece of cake! Oh, and if you want to help out family members again, I have tons of painting for Tanner to help with and you could break in our power washer! When are you coming this way???

Trilby said...

I would like to point out that the boys and I also helped that weekend. No, we didn't travel but it is a lot of work to take care of 3 dogs all weekend!! Cael is soooo jealous that he didn't get Red Wobster!! He would weally wove it too!! (That is his exact words!! We will also greatly appreciate Tanner's painting skills when our house is ready! I HATE to paint too!!