Thursday, June 4, 2009

Tanner and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

As I'm trying to figure out what my first post is going to be about, my phone starts vibrating. I instantly became excited to tell Trina how great her blog looked. She put a lot of thought into her post and I wanted to acknowledge it. After all, she is the brains of this operation. However, when I pulled my phone out of my pocket I couldn't have been more disappointed!

It was my mother-in-law...

Yeah, I know... It sounds like a pretty mean statement to make. But you would feel the same way if you were getting the phone call I was about to get...

Kim basically touched on two main points. First, she wanted to rub in the fact that today was her last day of school this year. Second, she wanted to let me know that she is going to be leaving for vacation about the time that I wake up for school tomorrow. What kind of person does that?

Then she plays the phone call off like she was really calling to find out the combination to our garage door. I know better...

I guess I shouldn't be too upset. I'm probably going to do the same thing to Trina on June 12th when I start sleeping in.

Oh yeah... Trina, your blog looks great!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Oh, Tanner, you didn't even get it straight! Tuesday was my last day with kids, yesterday was a tech day which I was paid extra for, and today I just packed up my room on my own time. You should sound cheerier when your mother-in-law calls from now on!!!!