Thursday, June 4, 2009

The beginning...

Today I decided to start a blog reflecting the day-to-day life of myself, my husband Tanner, and our two dogs Max and Marley. I'm a converter and always have been...in college it was Facebook. I said it was stupid and I'd never do it...but then I signed up. After college it was MySpace. Again, said it was dumb, "it's the same as Facebook"...then I signed up. Then my not-so-techie mom started a blog called Kim's Kreations. It's cute. I realized this week, after checking her blog everyday with disappointment when there wasn't a new post, that blogging seems like a good way to document our lives. One day, hopefully not too far away, we will have kids, and I'm going to want their lives on record. I'm also hoping that by blogging, Tanner and I will take more picture of ourselves (we don't have many beyond our engagement/wedding) and the everyday type things around us. We're awesome at scenery pics, but not so much at the "boring" things.

And the name "Rooster Tracks"...well that's because of our last name Roos, often pronounced wrong to sound like rooster....and these are the the path left behind by our newly created family.

So here we are, at the beginning of our blog. It may not always be insightful, interesting, exciting, or anything you care about...but that's our lives.

4 comments:

Kim said...

This is great!! Welcome to the world of blogging!! I'll help you as much as I can.

Kath said...

It sounds great. I look at your mom's everyday, although she has not said much lately (unusual)!

Belinda said...

I love you have a blog. I feel so disconnected from family being down here so this will help a ton!

E said...

I agree with Belinda! Glad you guys are blogging, so we can have one more way of keeping up with the "Tracks"!