Thursday, October 1, 2009

Excitement all around!

Last weekend was fun for Tanner, but not quite as fun for me. I stayed home to attend Chance's baptism on Sunday. That meant I would be alone from Thursday night until Sunday night. It sounds weird, but I was nervous being home alone! It's been a full year since I've been alone at home and I wasn't quite sure if the buggy man was coming to get me or not. I did get some things done that I had planned. I organized 3 closets and our baby storage stuff. I was/am so happy to have Tanner back in the house!


I don't really have anything to say about the past week in terms of pregnancy. It's been normal and no new developments to share. However, there are still exciting things ahead!


On Monday we are touring St. Luke's hospital and will hopefully be making our decision about which hospital we will deliver at. That will really make things feel near.


Today we were offered 2 tickets to Wicked in Des Moines next week. I've never seen Wicked, and am thrilled that I finally get to go. We had tried to get tickets for our anniversary, but because all the shows are sold out, the cheapest ticket would be about $140 each! A group of my co-workers purchased tickets, then 2 of them ended up not being able to go. Now we are getting 2 tickets for less than what one would have cost. Works out great for us! It's going to be like an early anniversary celebration. We're going to eat at Spaghetti Works before hand, which is very near the Civic Center. I've only been there one time and that was in high school. I remember how much I loved it and enjoyed the Italian sodas. It might possibly be the first time eating out since June that I will actually enjoy (I hope anyway).


And I can't go without mentioning, again, that our ultrasound is October 13, less than 2 weeks away. We're so excited for that!!! We had a weak moment when discussing whether or not to find out if we are having a boy or girl (as we've/I've always been against finding out). So we made a pro/con list including scores for each thing on the list. After totalling up the scores...we still won't be finding out. That's the final decision. Even though most of you, according to our poll results, think we should find out, we decided not to. It will be exciting enough to see a picture of our baby!


This week our baby is the size of a sweet potato:

2 comments:

Kim said...

I'm SOOO jealous---you get to go to WICKED!!! Susie and John went and said it was wonderful! Enjoy!

Trilby said...

I am glad that you won't be finding out!! There are so few surprises left in life!! We didn't know with Payton. And is was the best to deliver him and have to ask what is it? Enjoy Des Moines! I don't know what Wicked is but if you are getting away it sounds great to me!! Who is taking the dogs?? Or should I be expecting a call?