Wednesday, September 23, 2009

On to week 17

Last week was a pretty good week for our pregnancy. I'm continuing to feel better each week, though still not able to east a lot of types of food (the good stuff like hamburgers, curly fries, lots of sweets, etc). It's probably not a bad thing because it forces me to eat fresh fruit a lot! I find myself eating something every 1-2 hours, and not being able to eat much at a time. But I can live with feeling like I do now, much better than I could feeling nauseous all the time!!

Today was the first time a complete stranger acknowledged that I was pregnant. I was at Gordman's and the cashier asked if I knew what I was having. It's funny...I was wearing the same non-maternity shirt that I was when I saw Jim & Gerry at Walmart. I should consider not wearing the shirt post-baby.
Last weekend we went on a tour of one of the CR hospitals. There are 2 hospitals in CR, St. Luke's and Mercy. Originally I thought I would go to St. Luke's because of the 12 babies I visited in the hospital, none of them have been Mercy CR. At YPN we had a speaker from each hospital come and talk about what they had to offer. Based on that, we decided we better consider both. And at this point we might be leaning toward Mercy. It was a great experience, a little scary, but also exciting. Tanner said it made him think, as we were sitting in their "show" room, that the next time we would be there we will be having our baby. I think it is finally setting in for both of us. Our tour of St. Luke's is Monday, Oct 3 (or something like that).

For week 16 our baby ticker said we should start thinking of names...to be honest, we've been talking about names since before we were pg. It's been quite a process! I went through a book of 1,000 names and a book of 50,001 names and made a very long list (and Tanner would add one if he had ideas). When I finally finished that list, probably 1-2 months ago, I had 96 girl names and 63 boy names. So from there we sat down and took turns eliminating and "saving" names. On each turn you could cross one name off of each list and highlight a name you wanted to save from elimination (with approval from each other of course). That took us down into the 30-40's. We did this process one more time. That got us down to 25 each. From there we have tried to take a few names off each week. Well...last night we made a FINAL decision on our girl's first and middle names!!! NO WE ARE NOT TELLING ANYONE UNTIL IT IS BORN...so don't bother asking. We had narrowed it down to 7 boy and 7 girl names. But when we read the girl names, none of them seemed to have the same effect on us as this one special name...which has been in our top 2-3 since the original 96. So we made it official and decided on that name. The boy list still stands at 7 options.

So that's enough of my week 16. We've been taking pictures each week to show how my belly is growing. I try to wear the same outfit and stand in the same position each time. Here are a couple of pictures to show you where I'm at...

Week 7- By the following week I was wearing an extender on my jeans button.


Week 17- That was yesterday


2 comments:

Trilby said...

Looks like the belly isn't the only thing growing!! The girls are too!! You look great! I am glad you are feeling better! It is miserable to be nauseas all the time! I like the color of the room too. After showing Suzie the pictures they changed their crib color. She said yours just looked classic and really good! I can't wait to see everything in person! I know we were in IC when we had the boys but our experience at Mercy was wonderful! They were very caring and would take care of any request! Especially if you said I'm tired I would like to be left alone for a nap! It was terrific!! Actually I am considering checking in again just for a little get away from my boys!! :) Just kidding!!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see that poor shirt in the 40-week picture! HAHA. You look great!!

Taya