Sunday, October 18, 2009

We got another dog!

Yep, we did it. We got another dog! I can here you now. Most of you are want to know why we would want a third dog right before Trina has the baby. Others of you (Trilby) want to know who is going to be taking care of these dogs when we go away for the weekend? Well, I don't have all the answers yet. We will figure these things out when they become a problem.
So you're not as gullible as I thought you might be. This is actually a project that Trina was asked to do for Big Brother's, Big Sister's. The entire staff was given a bowling pin and asked to decorate it. After the bowling pin sat in our house for close to a month, we decided to turn it into something fun.Ten easy steps
Step one, spray paint the bowling pin white before talking to Trina
Step two, spray paint the bowling pin black because Marley isn't white
Step three, drill holes and insert dowels for legs and tail
Step four, cut dowels to the correct size
Step five, cut out ears and a tongue from leftover fabric around the house
Step six, hot glue synthetic grass to the bowling pin
Step seven, spray paint the grass
Step eight, spray paint white spot on the chest
Step nine, create collar with bell
Step ten, teach the new dog how to drink from a water bowl I think we did a pretty great job. Marley approves. Max does not.This is the other project that we've been working on. Trina and I created this for our baby room. It is our version of Eric Carle's, The Very Hungry Caterpillar. We tried to create the images from his book similar to the way he created them. We didn't have the same supplies, so we used tissue paper and crayons for shading. I think he used tissue paper and paint. The middle is a modified version of Eric Carle's book. We left out a few things, but it gets the point across. Trina did the majority of the work. I'm really proud to have this on our baby's wall.

4 comments:

Kim said...

OMG!! I thought you had lost your mind, until I took a good look at the "dog". It actually looks like Marley, but the eyes give him that crazy look--like Max! Love the Eric Carle photos. I may have to borrow them for a quilt.

Trilby said...

I was wondering for a moment if you were serious!! We were going to have to have a talk if you were!! We enjoy watching the dogs most of the time!! That is until Nate spotted poop in the toy room and came running to tell me what Max did!! Not "Mawy" though! Max bad puppy according to Nate! I cleaned it up and scrubbed etc but Nate can't get over the fact that it was there! And reminds me bad puppy!! I like th artwork! What a great book to have chosen!!

Tanner said...

Trilby, at least this dog won't pee on your foot.

Trilby said...

Very true Tanner, very true!! It might freak Nate out though! It is kind of spooky looking!