Monday, August 24, 2009

Week 12 summary

Tanner and I have been taking turns posting. While he was in school, I posted. When I haven't been feeling well, he's posting. My goal is for me to post at least once a week with an update on how I'm feeling, etc.


If you haven't noticed, at the bottom of our page there is a pregnancy tracker. It is following or pregnancy and shares fun developmental facts about the particular week we are at. Today is the last day of week 12. The tracker mentions pregnancy dreams, nausea, and weight gain. So that is what I'll touch on.


As for my nausea, it is much better with the prescription they finally gave me. I only take one a day but am allowed to take up to 4 a day. I still find that I cringe at the thought or smell of many foods. I haven't had cravings, though I find beef jerky to work for me. Some say that is a craving, but I've found that it's one of the only meats I can eat and enjoy, so I eat it. I eat mostly fresh foods. It's the "yummy" things, like pizza, that I can't stand. It's pretty tough when neither of us really cook fresh meals.


Weight gain has been a concern of mine. My weight has been pretty consistently 3-5 pounds less than what I started at. My doctor is not concerned with that at all. However, I feel like maybe I should be gaining by now. But I understand why I'm not...especially when I struggle to eat meals and when I do eat it's just fruits and veggies. That's completely opposite of my prior eating habits. Although I'm not gaining weight, I am growing out of my clothes. I've resorted my closet to put the things that still fit in one section and everything else separate. I find myself having to move at least one item to the "other" section every day. I'm pretty confident I'll be actually wearing maternity clothes by next week.


Yes, I've been having weird dreams. But the thing is, I've always had extremely vivid, frequent, and odd dreams. The only change is the subjects. It's crazy how accurate things are...I've read that in the beginning pregnant women usually dream of past relationships/boyfriends, etc. to reflect the extreme change and coming commitment. In the second trimester dreams are more about actually being pregnant and related to pregnancy/delivery/etc. Just the past week or so, my dreams have all included pregnancy or a baby somehow. I guess things don't seem as unusual for me as they would for some people since I've experienced active dreaming patterns all my life.


By the way, they say our baby is the size of a peach in week 13!! Wow!!

2 comments:

Kim said...

I'll get right to work on that quilt. Pink or blue???

Trilby said...

I don't think you should find out. Mom do a gender neutral quilt!!! As sick as she has been maybe you should be doing 2???? Just kidding! Even though you have been so sick, enjoy it while you can! It goes so fast! I miss certain parts of being pregnant. Like the kicking and the first time you feel the baby move! I will keep my eyes open for any maternity clothes for you. Maybe a trip to Motherhood at Tanger is in order!!