Sunday, August 9, 2009

Fun in Minnesota

Here are a few photos of us in Minnesota this weekend. The first is of Gnorman and Alexa. Gnorman in a naughty little gnome that lives near my parents house. He is always trying to find a way inside. We were told to keep an eye on him because he moves really fast.

Here is Trina lounging near a ring of fire. Surprisingly, nobody started singing Johnny Cash songs.
Paige is learning how to hit a baseball. She did really well. Hopefully Tyler and Taya can convince her to take up tee ball. Trina and I would love to see her play.
This is how Max and Marley spent their weekend. Marley was constantly being held by Paige. Max was constantly watching the girls to see if they dropped any food. I think my mom loved having us all spend time in Marshall. She had a huge smile on her face all weekend.Dad and I are enjoying the beautiful evening. He is sitting in an Adirondack chair that he build. You can see a little more of it in the photo of Trina. He used Norm Abram' s (New Yankee Workshop) blueprints for the chair. They are made out of a wood that grows in the swamp. They should be able to stay outdoors forever without rotting.

3 comments:

Trilby said...

I can't believe how big the girls are getting! So adorable! Moms always love it when their kids come to vist! It is wonderful! Love the chair! I would take a couple! They look really comfortable and would be great around the fire!

Kim said...

Sounds like you all had a great time! Ahhh, Norm Abrams......DIY BEFORE Dish! We used to watch him all the time, although I don't think Bud ever used his patterns. The chairs look great!

Belinda said...

That is a very risky photo to put up of dad. I ALMOST see more of him than I want in that chair!