Saturday, August 8, 2009

Tough Enough to Wear Pink

Friday night we (Brad, Pat, Tyler, Taya, Paige, Alexa, Tanner, Trina) went to the Lyon County Fair and PRCA Rodeo in Marshall, Minnesota. This is the second county fair that I've been to this year. I am even planning on going to the Iowa State Fair in the next week or two. You could say I'm turning into a country boy. I can even tell the difference between a cow and a pig.

While at the rodeo, we saw a lot of bow-legged cowboys. It was really fun watching them do things on horses that I would never dream of doing. For example, some of the cowboys tied a wrap of some sort near the bulls testicles and then tried to ride it for eight seconds. I'm pretty sure that the first time the bull jumped, I would have gone flying into the second row of the grandstands.

This is the list of events we saw: Bareback Riding, Tie Down Roping, Sheep Riding, Team Roping, Saddle Bronc Riding, Steer Wrestling, Barrel Racing, Bull Riding.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Well, Tanner, I don't quite think you've turned into a country boy YET! But we'll keep trying. You do remember that you have chased cattle, so that counts too!

Trilby said...

Friday night was a night of rodeos. Mike, the boys, Grandma Bev and I went to the XIT Rodeo in Dalhart, Texas. We saw many of the same things and a very funny rodeo clown. It was the first time the boys ever saw a rodeo live. They had a great time too!! I would agree with Mom. I don't think you actually become a country boy until you have scooped manure and done some chores! Any time you want to give it a try come out to the farm and the boys will show you!!

Belinda said...

Great photo of you and Paige!