Thursday, October 27, 2011

Pinterest.

I finally formed an educated opinion of Pinterest, and here is what it is...

I gave in 30 minutes ago and signed up, so I could start pinning too. What was the "pin" that converted me? The idea of using a rubberband to unscrew a stripped screw. Completely random. A good idea I might need one day.

But...
Who has enough time to do half of the things listed on these boards? It makes me feel like it's a never ending to-do list. A list of dream vacations I can't afford and dream houses I'll always want and never get. I'm happy with my home and content not always wanting.

I will admit that there are some really cute, clever, interesting things out there.

I've learned I don't utilize the internet the same way as "pinterest people". Beyond email, online banking, craigslist and a couple of blogs I follow, I don't search the internet. Not sure what I would even search for.

But is it just me who gets error messages all the time when attempting to use Pinterest? Am I the only one who doesn't actually understand how it all works. When to pin and when to re-pin? It just seems so complicated. I had to create 1 board 5 times before it stuck. And the 4 things I've tried to pin (or re-pin, I'm not sure which is which), nothing happened! Where did it go?!

Maybe I need a tutorial, maybe I am too content with what I have and know, maybe I'm too lazy to do all these cutesy things. Or maybe this is just another trendy technology thing that I'm not into.

1 comment:

Kim said...

I think you are just not "techie" enough to enjoy it! I look at it as a great place to bookmark (pin) things I want to refer to, AND as a place to dream. If I ever made all the craft and sewings things I've pinned I'd have to get busy! But, if I want to do one, I've got it filed for reference. I thought it was just another thing until I really started using it. I've had a few problems with it too.