Friday, June 3, 2011

Thanks Katie!

Grayson has gone to three different daycare providers during the past school year. The first two weren't a good fit for him, but the third was GREAT! Katie has a bunch of kids that Grayson loves to play with. Molly and Carson are just a little younger than Grayson. Ross and Mason are about 4 years old. There are a few other kids, but I don't see them very often.

When Grayson left his last daycare provider, we were told that he was very upset all day long, everyday. I sensed that things weren't going to work out, but Tammy made the decision for us before we had time to discuss it. Tammy was certain that we weren't going to find anyone that would take an infant that screamed all day long. It pissed me off a little to hear her say that, but she had a point.

After Tammy, we found Katie. She has been WONDERFUL for Grayson. It didn't take long for Grayson to change his attitude towards daycare. He would cry as soon as we got to Tammy's house and continue until I picked him up. With Katie, he would cry for about ten seconds when I dropped him off and before I had my shoes back on, he was done. That was a huge milestone for him. It didn't take long before I could drop Grayson off without him crying at all. I felt so proud to hear about his good days. It just kept getting better as he got more comfortable with Katie and his friends. Now when I drop him off, he starts playing with the boys as soon as his feet hit the floor. Even when I pick him up, Grayson looks at me and continues playing in the yard. We couldn't be more happy with the changes Grayson has made. We want to thank Katie for all of her hard work and the love she has shown our little man.

Here are two very different journal entries. The first is from his first day at Katie's house. The second is the last entry of the school year...

January 17, 2011
Hello! I had a pretty rough morning but redeemed myself this afternoon. I didn't cry until dad got to the door. I cried for ten minutes after that. I was fine if Katie held me, but as soon as she sat me down... bloody scream! It took her 4 times to lay me down, about one hour. She knew I was tired because I was yawning, yawning, yawning all morning long. I slept from 10:30 until 12:00. I would NOT eat any food - threw my sippy cup - and refused my bottle!! I finally at 6 oz. at 1:00 this afternoon. From 1:35 to 3:00 I was soooooo happy!! I played downstairs with all the toys... it was awesome! Katie did manage to get me to eat a few Cheerios. I am going to be one hungry boy tonight. I had one poopie diaper. Hope everyday gets a little bit better because when I am happy, I am really happy!! See what tomorrow brings.

Love, Grayson

June 2, 2011

Tanner and Trina-

I just want to thank you for sharing Grayson with me. He has been such a pleasure to have in my daycare! I look back to January and think about how far Grayson has come! Did I ever (after the first couple weeks) think this was possible? Maybe not, but he proved em wrong. He comes in with a beautiful smile on his face and leaves the same way! He interacts with all the kids so well! I hope you all have a wonderful summer and I am looking forward to next year.

Love, Katie
P.S. He had a great day today!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Sounds like this is the daycare for Grayson!!(no matter what the cost is) I'm sooooo glad you finally found a good spot for him.

Kim said...

P.S. I was waiting for some commentary on the picture.