Tuesday, February 9, 2010

I bet you're counting the days!

That's what everyone keeps saying to me. And the truth is, yes, we are counting the days, but not in the way that people would expect. From what I've read and the people I know, this is the time when women are sick of being pregnant and are counting the days until the baby can just hurry up and come. I am completely opposite! If you didn't already know, we have a grand plan that if the baby comes Feb 26 or later, we would not have to get daycare until the end of August when Tanner goes back to school. Yes, there will still be 2 weeks in there that we are both at work, but I can adjust my schedule and he can take a couple days off to cover it. If the baby comes before Feb 26, we're going to have to figure out temporary daycare or something, which I REALLY don't want to do. And besides all of that, I feel pretty good and have no reason to rush things!

So yes, we are counting the days, but it with hopes that we can make it to Feb 26!

I had a doctors appointment yesterday and was "checked" for the first time. Much to my surprise (and even more a surprise to Tanner) I'm already making some progress. I'm 2 cm dilated and 70% effaced. I knew last Monday that I had surely "dropped". In fact, I'm sure if we looked at my weekly pictures you'd agree. So it could be any day, or I could stay that way for weeks! Either way, we are now more excited than ever to welcome our baby boy or girl into our home, even if it doesn't fit into the grand plan.

2 comments:

Belinda said...

We are counting the days here in Houston for the Roos baby!

Trilby said...

Don't forget Aunt T will be there to help fill in on some of those days!! I am anxiously awaiting the phone call! If it is during the school day I will need a call to the school! I have already warned the secretary! We have the house pretty much doggie proofed just in case!! I have a feeling you are going to beat my friend Suzie! She isn't anything yet.