Wednesday, February 24, 2010

How does he sleep?

On of the questions that Trina and I have been answering a lot lately has been, "How does Grayson sleep?" Last night, Trina read to me that babies can change there sleep pattern every two or three days. That's been about what we've noticed with Grayson.

After taking Grayson home from the hospital, we decided that he would sleep in his pack-and-play. This was set up in our room so we can hear him if he needs us for any reason. The first few days, Grayson would sleep for about 10 or 15 minutes before we would have to comfort him. Once in a great while, he would make it an hour. Trina and I struggled to sleep those first couple of nights.

The next couple of days were better. Grayson could sleep for almost an hour at a time. But he would need to feed and have his diaper changed each time he woke up. If I held him in bed with me, he would calm down and I could try to put him back in the pack-and-play. If he noticed what I was doing, we had to start all over.

Trina remembered that Autumn had a co-sleeper for her bed. I called Autumn and asked if we could us it. The first couple of days that Grayson slept in it, he began to sleep much longer. Last night, Grayson did so well that I think he only woke up three times (11:15, 2:00, 5:00) before I got out of bed for the day.

Then there were the nights that Grayson wanted to feed all night long. I guess that's typical at the two week mark. It was a surprise to us.

Since then, Graysons is back to sleeping a few hours at a time. I hope that continues as I went back to work today.

No comments: