Sunday, January 10, 2010

Starting The Year Off Right

We ended 2009 and started 2010 with my family in town. My parents came to Marion on Dec. 30th and stayed until Jan. 3rd. Autumn and Reed hosted them as usual. Besides the first and last day of their trip, we moved from house to house.
We played host on New Year's Eve. My dad was in charge of ordering pizza and he did a great job. He ordered so much in fact that half of the order didn't get eaten that night. Lucky for me, my refrigerator had enough space for one full box. That night we decided to play pictionary. Because we didn't have the game, we had to get creative. Each player had to write down three people, places and things on small sheets of paper. They were used as the object for the round. We had a great time playing the game. That night we all turned in early. Trina and I had hoped to go to Adam and Julies at midnight, but that didn't happen. We were in bed by eleven-o'clock.
That was the same day that our washer arrived! Now we just have to turn in the $100 rebate to Alliant Energy and $100 rebate to MidAmerican Energy. I love rebates!

On New Year's Day we celebrated Christmas with my brother and sister. Belinda's family wasn't able to make it this year. I did get a chance to talk to her so it felt like she was with us. Mom made us a Christmas dinner with ham, turkey and all of the other stuff that goes on your plate. Trina brought a family recipe with her. It was sweet potato casserole. It was a big hit. Besides opening gifts and watching bowl games, we managed to find time to play catch phrase. Tyler and Reed had a disadvantage in this game. As it turns out, it's hard to think straight after their beer tasting. I wasn't there, but I did see their notes. According to the guys, some of the beer taste like an old dutch lady. I'm not sure what that means? On the second we saw both Trina's family and my family. Payton had a wrestling meet at English Valley High School. He did really well. He had a lot of support in the bleachers. He is getting better and better each time he gets to compete. Later that day we celebrated Paige's birthday at Tyler and Taya's house. She turned seven. Tyler and Taya had us over for more football and soup. Trina made a zuppa that was a hit. Someone made a chili and Autumn made chicken noodle soup. There were also many finger foods to eat all day long. Just ask Max. I was holding him with my left arm and eating meat and cheese in the other hand. When I wasn't looking he took it right out of my fingers.
We finished the weekend saying good-bye to everyone after breakfast at Perkins on Sunday morning. The next time that we see my parents, we will have another member of our family with us. We can't wait!

2 comments:

Trilby said...

I love the pregnant ladies picture! You all look terrific!! Especially the little one on the end!! Great picture of Payton!

Kim said...

Sounds like you had a great time with your family. I love the pregnant ladies picture too! Just think how fun it will be next year with all of the babies!!