Thursday, January 28, 2010

One week, six days

Last week Wednesday was a day that I won't soon forget.

School was canceled because of the prediction of ice. Sure enough, the ice came. Before it got too bad, Trina and I moved around our schedule and went to the doctors office for our planned visit. This was the first visit that Trina didn't have a boat load of questions. We just showed up and left. It was pretty easy. But there was one thing that stood out...
The doctor told Trina and I that if the baby comes after a week and six days, they are going to let her deliver. During that first week they would prevent the baby from making an appearance. However, the next six days they would only kinda try to stop it.

Trina told me that my reaction was funny to watch. I guess I took off my hat and scratched my head with the bill. My face looked worried and pale. The only words out of my mouth were, "We're going to wait until March."
Although I am probably ready for the baby to come, I really think I want to have a March baby. If you know our plans, you would agree that a March baby would be much better for us compared to a February baby. If you don't know our plans... it doesn't really matter. We just want a healthy baby.
The other thing we did that day (and the next two days) was paint circles on the wall of our baby room. We drew five different sized circles on the wall. We used the bottom of the Bumbo as the biggest circle. We also used a microwave splash cover, ice cream bucket lid, coffee can lid, and something else that was small. I can't recall the last thing.
After randomly putting the circles on the wall, we had to paint them. We bought six different colors of paint. Blue (not because it's a boy), red, orange, yellow, green and brown were are final decisions. The colors show up a lot in the book The Very Hungry Caterpillar. I am really happy with the final product. Trina and I think we are done painting the baby room now.
We also installed our baby monitor last week. I love it! It has a color display of the baby while the light is on. When the light is off, it switches to night mode. It's really cool. Trina and I spent about an hour trying to figure out where to put the camera. The biggest problem was finding a spot that we could see the entire crib without moving the crib.

3 comments:

Belinda said...

Your wall looks ADORABLE!!! Very creative! And that baby monitor rocks! I should get one for Avery's room when he hits his teenage years. (ok, not for real. I don't think I am really ready to know what goes on in the mind of a teen boy while being unsupervised!)

Only a few more weeks and you'll be parents! How exciting! Can't wait to hear the name, sex, weight, length, and all the details. Trina will do great! She looks fantastic!

Kim said...

I love, love, love those dots on the wall!! I just don't know how I raised four kids to adulthood without all of those gadgets! You know I'm hoping for a February 24th baby! AND no more snow days.

E said...

Cool idea for the dots! YOU GUYS ARE GONNA BE FREAKING PARENTS!!!