Sunday, September 13, 2009

Baby Roos' Baby Room

Last weekend we decided to paint our baby room. We originally decided on painting it a couple of shades of yellow. After looking at the samples for a week or two we decided to find green samples. We ended up finding two shades of green that were very close to each other. We also added a coat of paint to the ceiling to cover a water stain. The first color of green paint was so light that I thought it disappeared when I peaked in on it the following day. It wasn't until I shined a light on it that I realized it was still there.
Besides painting, we also had decided to install a ceiling fan and a dimmer switch for the light. I had my good friend Adam Sychra come over and help me install the two. I really just watched him and gave him beer whenever he asked. I doubt I could have done in on my own. Some of the wires had been mixed up and the hot and cool ends weren't consistently colored red, black or white.

This is a picture of the dresser we painted. It was very blue with glitter and fish all over it. Trina and I sanded it and threw a couple of coats of brown paint on it. It looks much better than it originally did. You can also see the cloth diapers we plan on using.
The finished product looks great in my opinion. In this picture you can see the crib we just purchased as well as the fan and rocking chair.

4 comments:

Autumn said...

it looks really nice, can't wait to see the finished product

Brad and Patty Roos said...

The room looks great! Can't wait for the little "kanga" to get here!

Kim said...

Wow! Everything looks great! But, why do I see a little rat sitting in that rocker???? I thought this was the baby's room!! Now I'm off to find some fabric for that quilt.

Trilby said...

Looks terrific! Way to be organized and way ahead of schedule! Love the accessory in the chair!!