Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day Weekend 2011

Happy Mother's Day Trina. Grayson is very lucky to have you as a mother, just as I'm lucky to have you as my wife. I'm excited to see what motherhood looks like during Grayson's second year of life. I know you have taught me many things about being a parent and I will always trust your instincts. Grayson and I love you very much!The Lace Up For Learning 5k/10k/mile run was on Saturday morning. This was the culminating activity for the Hiawatha Elementary Running Club. This was the first year that Hiawatha has had a running club and it was a huge success. 132 students came to run in the morning at least once over the eight practice sessions. That is about 34% of the students in kindergarten through fifth grade. Below you will see the small group of students that ran the 5k race. None of these students had ran a road race before. They all finished with their heads held high and a smile on their face. 
After the race Grandpa Roos and I went to someones house and moved this swing set to my house. By the time we had started taking it apart, we had realized how big of a mistake we had made. We broke between 6-9 drill bits trying to take out screws. In order to get it in to the truck, we had to modify it a little.Grandpa decided to cut it in half and we can fix it later. I hope this was a good idea. If we didn't cut it, I'm sure we would still be in that backyard.

The things we do for our kids...

No comments: