Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Tyler's Family

When I put the pictures on the blog this morning, I didn't have a theme. I was just going to share what we've been up to lately. Then as I arranged the photos, I realized that there is a common theme. That theme centers around Tyler's Family.

On Tuesday evenings Paige plays in a youth soccer league. I got to see her play the best team in her age group. They tied 1-1 that day. Paige played really good defence. I was very excited to see another generation or Roos' playing soccer. I can't wait to see Grayson running around with knee high socks and a smile on his face.
Notice that Paige is really concerned about looking cool. She has pink soccer cleats and pink soccer socks. You should also notice that Tyler is not that concerned about looking cool. He is wearing dress socks with his tennis shoes.

Tyler participated in Chalk the Walk in Mount Vernon this past weekend. He did a Pablo Picasso piece that received many compliments. Tyler received the Artist Choice award and a cash prize for his work. The photos you see are still a work in progress. I would imagine that Tyler will post the final product on his Facebook page.

After Chalk the Walk on Saturday evening, everyone come over to our house. We had barbecue and a fire pit. It was a great way to end the day. Trina bought me the fire pit as a Christmas gift last year. This was the first time I was able to use it. We want to thank Bud and Kim for bringing wood down with them during the week. I also want to thank Brad for bringing his skill saw so I could cut up some wood from around my yard.

My mom and dad visited Las Vegas for their wedding anniversary earlier this month. They had to buy this Elvis outfit for Grayson while they were there.

The last photo is of Grayson as he sticks his lower lip out as far as he can. His lips are the only thing that I can say he gets from his dad. He was watching Baby Einstein and all of a sudden something came on the screen that he didn't like. I believe it was a cow or a pig. He didn't cry (for once), he just made a really funny face.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Looks like you had a full family weekend. I wish I had 1/2 the artistic ability that Tyler has! Grayson certainly didn't like what he saw did he??!!

Belinda said...

AWW! Grayson is just getting SOOOO cute! Can't wait to hug, kiss, and cuddle him up!
Aunt B

Trilby said...

What a great way to spend the weekend! With family!! The chalk pictures are awesome!! Grayson may have gotten his lips from Tanner but..I have seen that pout before!! Many times in fact!!