Saturday, May 22, 2010

Shower Time

Last weekend we celebrated by having a baby shower for Tasha and Kyle.
It was fun to chat with family, open gifts, eat food, and play games.

I thought the best part was the relay game. We divided into teams, men vs women. Each team had to complete a series of baby related tasks such as doing laundry (matching/folding socks), diapering and dressing the "baby", assembling a bottle and putting the baby in a carseat. The first to go head to head was the only set of non-parents, Tasha and Kyle.
Here is the guys' team cheating by helping each other.
Little did they know that the championship round also included identifying two kinds of baby food. Yummy!
We also took a minute to sing Happy Birthday to me. Here I am with my fake cheesecake and a make-do candle.

My birthday just wasn't as important to me this year. It was great to go out for an expensive dinner at Zins, but I think I'll keep my birthday low key in the future.

1 comment:

Kim said...

It was a fun evening. Thank you for planning the fun relay race! You forgot to mention that the women won WITHOUT cheating!!