Sunday, April 18, 2010

Zantac

What does Grayson have in common with his great-grandpa Roos, grandpa Roos, uncle Tyler, aunt Autumn and his cousin Alexa? Acid reflux. My dad recently told me that it runs in our family. Somehow it missed me, but it didn't miss my little guy. Last week Trina and I took him to the doctor for his 2 month checkup. Everything went well. Grayson was just above the 50th percentile for both his weight and height (would that be length if he can't stand yet?). When we told the doctor about how much he cries and spits up, she suggested getting a stomach ultrasound. As it turns out, Grayson is full of air and he doesn't like it one bit. We were given a prescription for Zantac with the hopes that this helps relieve some of his pain. After a week we will talk to the doctor to see if this is helping him. If you want to see more pictures of Grayson smiling, keep your fingers crossed that this works. We told you in a previous post that we were going to post his picture in the same outfit every month for the first year. Remember, this is a 18 months shorts outfit.

0 Months
1 Month
2 Months
As you can see, he is growing into that outfit quickly. Soon you might be able to see his knees and elbows.
I also wanted to let everyone know that I received my official notice that I will not be teaching at Grant Wood next school year. Due to various reasons, the Cedar Rapids Community School District has had to eliminate many jobs. A large number of the jobs that were eliminated were in the Art, Music and Physical Education fields. Originally I was told that part of my teaching contract would be cut. I was assigned to teach at Van Buren Elementary School, with 0.76 FTE. The other 0.24 FTE of my contract was surplussed. A few weeks later I was told that I had been given a full time placement. Friday I officially found out that I will be splitting my time between two schools. Hiawatha Elementary School and Wright Elementary School. I think I will teach two days at Hiawatha and one day at Wright during the three day rotation. I am going to be the only PE teacher at Hiawatha and I will share the PE responsibilities with another teacher at Wright.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aunt Autumn's Pharmacy was able to add grape flavor to that NASTY tasting medicine for Alexa. It probably won't really make a difference for you guys right now, but depending on how long he has to take it, the better tasting medicine might help as he gets older. (The term 'better tasting' is relative...both flavored and unflavored taste nasty!)

Taya

Kim said...

Grayson is really changing. I hope this medication helps him feel better. Grandps Juilfs deals with the acid reflux problem too.

Glad you've got a full-time position for next year.

E said...

SO CUTE! Love the Cubbies outfit! Glad this helped so far, and praying for a longterm relief. Sorry you're not able to stay with your current school. Praying that this is a blessing in disguise!

Belinda said...

What a cute smile Grayson has! He is really filling out!

Trilby said...

Wow Grayson looks great! I can't believe how much he has changed! I can't wait to see him!

Count your blessings that you have a job. This is the first job ever that I have lost. I will get to enter the job search again soon. Yuck!!