Saturday, April 24, 2010

Clean carpets and 2 DQ blizzards for $3.25

First, an update about Grayson's trial on Zantac...
After a week of trying Zantac, we think it is helping. He has spent more time awake and happy versus awake and crying(screaming). He still gets pretty fussy, especially in the afternoon. After talking with the doctor, we are going to start giving him his doses closer together. We might also try gas drops in addition. Hopefully we'll have him feeling better soon.

Despite his tribulations with acid reflux, he is doing great at night! A few nights this week we enjoyed Grayson sleeping from 7pm - 4am without waking up! We hope this pattern continues as it sure helps us get a few things done in the evening. I especially enjoy being able to eat an appropriately temperature supper at the same time as Tanner (we eat after Grayson is asleep).

Being a temporary full-time mom, I spend nearly all my time at home. It doesn't take much to entertain me these days. I was so excited to learn that Dairy Queen had an awesome deal this week of Buy a blizzard get the 2nd for $.25. Needless to say, we had our share of DQ this week! (Tanner has had some type of ice cream 7 times in just 6 days). I was also excited that I got our livingroom/hallway/stairs carpets cleaned for free! You can do it too, and here's how:
1. When the Kirby Vacuum sales person knocks on your door and says they will clean the carpet of your main living room to "promote a local store opening", go ahead and invite them in.
2. Make sure you are in a comfortable spot to sit, then sit through an hour of vacuum and shampooer demonstration, and at least pretend to be a little interested.
3. Remember to say "NO" very firmly each of the 16 times they try to get you to purchase the vacuum...even when his "boss" happens to "stop by" and give you the "manager's special".
4. When they are thoroughly convinced you aren't going to buy one, they clean the carpets!
5. Be sure to point out that they will also want to clean your hallway and stairs as they don't want to leave a visible line.

It was an exciting day that day! Clean carpets and 2 DQ blizzards for $3.25.

Today was a fun filled day for us...
This morning Grayson spent some time with his Daddy and away from me. I've found it VERY difficult to spend time away from Grayson, not only because it's emotional for me, but because I don't really have a reason to be away from him. I have been trying to find opportunities to do things without him. Today I went to a few garage sales (which are difficult to do with him, and he hates going in and out of the car). Tanner and Grayson went to the store to get a few groceries. It doesn't help knowing that Grayson was crying for the previous 25 minutes before I got home and was perfectly fine when I got there. We're working on it...

Grandpa and Nana Juilfs, and Cousin Chance (Travis and Kerry's son) stopped by to visit today. Nana was hoping to spend a little time with Grayson when he was awake and happy, but Grayson slept the entire time. Chance and Grayson decided to play dress up...


We also had some friends visit- Brad and Wendy and their two kids Addison and Blake came over for pizza. It was great to finally catch up with Brad and Wendy! We've each added to the family since we saw each other last. We hope to make the trip their direction to Dubuque soon.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Wow! You did a great job Photoshopping that Cubs shirt onto Chance! I'm sure I didn't put him in that shirt!! I'll come back to visit when Grayson is awake sometime.