Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Snow days... one of the many perks of being a teacher.

This weekend was busy for Trina and I. On Saturday I went hunting with my friends. We shot our guns a lot, but only Adam came home with a deer. He shot two bucks. One was an old 10-11 point (I can't remember) and the other was a wide eight point. The closest thing I got to taking home a deer was when four of us shot a total of nine times at a very wide eight point buck. We could see that someone hit it in the rear, but we couldn't track the deer down. I'm going to take credit for hitting it for three reasons. First, I took the first shot. Second, I had a rear angle. Third, I don't want Trina to think I'm a horrible shot.

On Sunday, Trina and her family went to Des Moines for the day. I don't really know what went on, but you can go to Kim's blog to find out more.
If you haven't noticed, Iowa has been covered in a blanket of snow. Let's change that to a comforter of snow. There has been a lot. I recently purchased a used Toro snow thrower on Craigslist. It came in really handy the last few days. Trina snapped this picture of me in action this morning. Before bed, I got rid of the same amount of snow as I did when I woke up. I"m really glad that I didn't wait until morning to do all of it. I think the snow thrower can only handle 8-10 inches at a time.
While Trina was working on Tuesday I stayed home with the dogs. I am home today too. One of the fun things I did to pass the time yesterday was have a photo shoot of the dogs. Trina made Marley's vest and purchased Max's shirt this weekend. As much as I hate dogs in clothes, I have to admit that Max looks pretty good. Besides keeping the dogs warm, it's important that Marley wears his when he goes outside. His hair collects snow like Tiger Woods collects girl friends.

4 comments:

Belinda said...

Tanner, I love reading the blog when you post. You are funny!

Kim said...

Do you still think these snow days are a perk???? Ya know we have to make them up in JUNE!!! Oh, yeah, I'll be home with your baby while you are still in school. So glad that snow blower has come in handy--beats a shovel!

Tanner said...

Part of the snow thrower broke yesterday. I tried to find a replacement part in Cedar Rapids this morning, but I didn't have any luck. So I went to the hardware store and bought some nuts and bolts. I think I fixed it. I will know more the next time it snows.

Kath said...

Love the pictures of the boys. Next year it will be baby pictures instead!