Monday, December 21, 2009

Last Week

Last week was a very busy week for the two of us. On Tuesday's, Trina went to Young Parents Network. I believe that she has volunteered with them for about three years. This week was the last week that she was going to be a group leader. After we have our baby, she may or may not return to help the young mothers get prepared for their babies. She has some time to make that decision.

On Wednesday night we had a parenting class at St. Luke's. I believe that it was called Prenatal Stimulation and Baby Massage. I thought it was a pretty good class. It reminded me about things that I have heard or read over the past seven months. I don't think Trina gets as much out of these classes. She rarely comes home with information that she doesn't already know. I on the other hand could use all of the reminders.

Thursday night was the Grant Wood music program. The second grade sang songs about Santa making his way through the weather to deliver to their homes. It was really cute. During a rehearsal, the kids started shouting SANTA SUIT at me. I guess they wanted me to get dressed up. After talking with the music teacher, we decided that the kids couldn't handle singing with me in a Santa suit next to them.

Friday night was really busy for me. The PTA Christmas Party was right after school. There was great food. One of the guys that helps with the Running Club cooked a bunch of Italian food. It was great. After the party, Trina and I went to Orchestra Iowa at Coe College. The orchestra played Christmas music and had a fun skit between songs. It tied everything together to tell a story. It was much different than I thought it would be. I enjoyed it. I think our baby liked it too.

No comments: