Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Our weekend behind and ahead.

Last weekend was just an "okay" one for us. We spent some time going to garage sales, but didn't end up buying anything too exciting. Then Friday we went to the Res to camp one night with my parents. They were staying Thurs-Sunday, but we just wanted to stay one night.

Of course it rained on us for something like 17 hours even though it was only forcasted to last a "short while". And yes, our tent leaked again. Again, all of our bedding, clothes, towels, everything got wet. I actually heard Tanner say "I think I hate camping now". I know he doesn't mean it...I mean, who wouldn't hate camping if all your stuff got wet every time?! So we spent a lot of the time in my parents' camper playing cards/games. We stuck around for a while on the 4th, but then left in defeat and went home to dry comfy couch. We didn't even go to fireworks, but instead just watched a movie.

This week Tanner and I are keeping very busy. Tanner is teaching a summer camp at his school this and next week, so he is working 8-4 M-F. He also had two more college classes start this week, which he spends time in the evenings on.

Tonight and most Tuesdays I have YPN (Young Parents Network) which I am a volunteer facilitator for. On Thursday evening we are going to see Payton show his calf at the county fair- his first time. I'm sure it will be quite a learning experience for both Payton and Tanner. Friday night I have a work event I have to work at 4-8pm. Saturday we are headed to Tasha & Kyle's house to host a baby shower for Travis and Kerry- due Aug 26.

Then Sunday we are headed to Chicago for a quick one day trip to see the CUB. We had done the same trip in April for Tanner's birthday but the game ended up getting rained out. Rain is forcasted again for this Sunday so we're keeping our fingers crossed that it isn't canceled for a second time.

No comments: