Thursday, July 16, 2009

Cows, Baby and Cubs

Already approaching another weekend and I realized neither of us had written about last weekend. Thursday Tanner and I, along with the rest of my family, went to the Iowa County Fair to see Payton show his bucket bottle calf. It was the first time he got to show a calf at the fair. Although his was the biggest in group, he didn't win overall. He did, however, do a really good job!! The judges interview each kid about how they have cared for their calf. Then they walk them around the show ring and are judged on showmanship. Payton wasn't happy that he didn't win, but we were all very proud of him. I used to show animals when I was in 4-H as a kid, so this wasn't anything new to me. But it was a first for Tanner. I'm not sure what he thought of it, but I'm pretty sure he felt like a hick.


On Saturday we celebrate the soon arrival of Travis and Kerry's baby by having a shower for them. It was held at Tasha and Kyle's house in the afternoon. As always, we ate good food and sat around. We played a few games and got some great pictures of people with "dirty" diapers in their faces.

We stay Saturday night at Tasha and Kyle's and got up early on Sunday to head to Chicago for our Cubs make-up game. In April, I purchased tickets for Tanner's birthday, however 15 minutes after we checked in to our hotel, the game was canceled. We were lucky that the make-up date worked for us. We made it just in time, and are reminded every time how much we love our Garmin (or Julie as my parents call it). We watched a really good game and, of course, they won. We realized we haven't been to a baseball game where our team hasn't won. Maybe we are the good luck charms. We got a couple of pictures as they were kicking us out. This time we didn't spend the night and headed home right after the game.

It was a busy and yet fun weekend. Looking ahead to this weekend, which I guess is tomorrow, we are going camping at Rock Creek with my family. This will be the only weekend that we all go camping together (unfortunetly Travis and Kerry can't come). I can't wait until we have a weekend of nothing going on so we can get some things done around our house and relax!

3 comments:

Mom said...

I'm pretty sure that wasn't the first or last time Tanner will feel like a hick hanging out with us!! I will say he looked great with the calf--in fact their hair was the same color!! You girls did a great jog with the shower. The "dirty" diaper game was fun. I'm glad you finally got to go to the game, too bad it was the CUBS! :-)

Kerry said...

Poor Tanner...did you tell him this was only the beginning??? I will send some pics to you this weekend. Thanks for everything you all did for the shower; it was wonderful!! Have fun camping this weekend.

E said...

where are the pics?! Cubs fan from Houston is dying to see some personal Wrigley!!!