Monday, June 21, 2010

Father's Day Weekend

This weekend my parents came to Cedar Rapids to visit their grand kids and attend Autumn's baby shower. The shower was at Autumn and Reed's church. I think it's called New Life Bible Church. It's in Marion near their house.
The guys stayed with Reed and watched some of the Fifa World Cup. One of Autumn's friends classmates from high school stayed with us. His name is Nick Potts. He was the goalie on my soccer team when I was a senior and he was a sophomore. It was good to see him again.
When everyone got back together at Autumn and Reed's house, we had a baseball themed supper. There were nachos with jalapenos, hot dogs, bratwurst, chips, beer and soda. It was a great way to get in the mood to attend a Kernels baseball game.
This was Grayson's first baseball game. We tried to go last week, but the rain kept us away. He liked it a lot until the game actually started. When they announced "Play Ball!" Grayson got scared and started to fuss. Eventually he got used to it and fell asleep for a long nap in my arms. When he woke up, he did really well. He didn't fuss at all. He just looked around at all new things to see.
The next day was Father's Day. We all meet up at our house for a Sunday Brunch. Everyone brought a dish to share and nobody left hungry. I think as our families get bigger and bigger, going out to eat as a family is going to become more of a challenge.
Tyler and I were able to spend Father's Day with our dad for the first time in years. We took him to a pub called the Londoner. It is a new soccer pub that Tyler found in Cedar Rapids. We watched the Brazil vs. Ivory Coast match until halftime.
For Father's Day at my house, Trina and Grayson gave me a new Bulova watch. I've been hinting at it for a long time and finally gave up talking about it. I guess the hinting worked. Trina bought it two months ago and keep it a secret. I love it! Thank you Trina!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Cool dude in the sunglasses! If Grayson was at a Kernels game, why was he wearing Cubs clothes??? I think he's confused! Sounds like you had a great weekend.