Thursday, July 22, 2010

Staging

Part of the moving process is having to stage your house to make it look as large as possible. Trina and I had spent the previous few nights packing boxes and cleaning out rooms to make our place look larger and more inviting. After we gave it our best shot, our Realtor sent professional stagers to our house to finish things off. I thought we were going to have to change a lot of things, but we did pretty good. Most of their suggestions were things that we had already discussed doing.
There were a couple of surprises. I was surprised that we were asked to take out one of our sofas from the living room and store it. I was also surprised that they moved our coffee table to the basement and the basement coffee table to storage. I was even more surprised when they didn't ask us to repaint Graysons room or the Cubs bathroom. They loved them both. I thought that they would be a turn-off for some people, but the stagers told us to keep them the way they were. In fact, those were the only two rooms that the stagers didn't have to change a single thing.

Here are all of the Juilfs grandchildren at Clara's baptism last weekend.

No comments: